Silica Hazards in Construction
click here to see all course dates and times
This course is designed to assist contractors with the new OSHA Silica Health Standard for Construction, 29 CFR 1926.1153.
This course will cover the following topics representing the sections of the standard:
- Scope and Definitions
- Specified & Alternative Exposure Controls
- Respiratory Protection
- Written Exposure Control Plan
- Medical Requirements
- Communication of Hazard
At the end of this class each student will be able to:
- Identify the tasks performed by they're employees covered by the standard
- Select which exposure control plans are needed for each identified task
- Select the appropriate respirator (if needed) for each identified task
- Draft a written exposure control plan
- List the medical surveillance requirements
- Draft methods of communicating the hazards of silica to their employees
- List the recordkeeping requirements
Contributor Price: $195.00
Non Contributor Price: $295.00
Participant will receive a CSC Completion Card valid for 4 years.
Note: Contributor pricing is for any contractor or contractor employee that contributes to the Chicagoland Construction Safety Council with a penny per hour (or more) contribution through the various building trade unions or trade associations in Chicago. These include Bricklayers, Carpenters, Cement Masons, Electricians, Glaziers, Iron Workers, Laborers, Mechanical Contractors (members of MCA), Plasterers, Operating Engineers, Sheet Metal Workers, Teamsters, Technical Engineers, and Tuckpointers.